This summer, keep your smiling shining by avoiding oral hazards. Although there are plenty of risks out there that may or may not be easy to spot, it is important to do your best, no matter the odds.
Are your teeth safe this summer from oral accidents and hazards? Listed below are a few common hazards to your smile, as well as a few methods to help prevent them from occurring:
– Always avoid oral health risks such as smoking and chewing tobacco, and recreational drugs, and never use your mouth as a bottle opener, as this is an easy way to chip and crack teeth.
– If you play contact sports or participate in high-risk activities, be sure to wear headgear or mouthguards to protect your teeth and jaw.
– Avoid chewing on items such as pens and pencils, as they can cause a TMJ disorder in your jaw or loosen or crack a tooth.
– Avoid tough and thick foods that can crack your teeth, including hard candies, ice, corn on the cob, and corn kernels.
– Avoid wearing mouth jewelry, as it can be a choking hazard, chip and crack teeth, and lead to infections.
To learn more about oral health hazards and other oral health dangers, contact Dr. Param Gill and our team at Monte Vista Dental by calling us at 209.669.6500. If you would like an oral exam or bi-annual professional cleaning, our dentist office is located in Turlock, California. We are here to proudly keep you and your smile healthy and happy.